Hi, I'm Priya! (:
21. London. Mauritian. ♥
Studying Spanish & Psychology at University!
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. - George Washington
I need feminism because…
(1) Guys still think it’s 100% acceptable to grab my ASS in clubs and then shrug and smile as if it’s a compliment.
(2) My uncle thought it was OK to tell me that my legs are “heavy for what’s seen as fashionable” - my body is not a fashion statement.
(3) FEMINISM is about EQUALITY and by the legal definition, a man cannot be “raped” by a woman and I find that SEXISTand DESPICABLE.
(4) I still catch myself saying ‘facebook-rape’, and the fact that this is normalised is NOT okay.
(5) It took me 18 and a half years to realise that feminism is a worthwhile cause, to raise the courage to call myself one.
(6) When I asked my boyfriend if he is a feminist, he felt the need to say “technically, by the book, I am,” because feminism is so wrongly represented and people often don’t know jack shit about what it’s actually about.
(7) Because earlier this week, one of my flatmates, who is actually VERY intelligent, said in a disgusted tone, “anyone who says that being kicked in the balls hurts less than childbirth is a feminist.” last time I checked being kicked in the balls didn’t hurt for days, didn’t require drugs to numb the pain and didn’t involve squeezing a melon out the end of your pe
This is JASON FYLES and he goes to my university (Newcastle University, North East of England) He is 19 years old, 5’8, ginger hair and slim. He was last seen in the Sandyford area at 2:45am on Thursday morning and has not been seen since. He was wearing a blue shirt, grey cardigan, beige chinos and brown ankle boots. Everyone in uni is so worried about him along with his family and friends. We are coming together as a university to appeal for his safe return. It is thought that he lost his friends on the night out and tried to make his way back by himself. Please, I am begging for you to REBLOG THIS, even if you don’t live in Newcastle, or England. Every REBLOG means that someone else will see his face, they will know who we are looking for, and your followers could be the one to know his whereabouts. Stay safe Jason, we’re looking for you.
THIS WILL NOT RUIN YOUR BLOG!
PLEASE. Nobody reblogged my own post on this which I posted an hour or so ago so I’m wondering if nobody will now. This guy is my friend. If I have ever sent you a nice ask or reblogged something of yours and it made you happy for a second (or even if I haven’t; this is about helping him, not doing me a favour) for God’s sake just help now, help to find my friend Jason. You want me to make him human to you?
- Once we all grew beans in pots as part of a Biology experiment- the experiment failed miserably and made the whole lab stink, but his was the only bean that grew and he was actually pretty proud about it
- He learned to knit as part of a school project where he had to learn a creative skill, and when a couple of people teased him about it he said “gender is a social construct” and carried on knitting like a badass
- He loves the scene in The Great Gatsby where Gatsby throws all his silk shirts around and he and I used to giggle over it together
- Once I asked him if he had a string of tinsel I could use in a photoshoot and he brought me a big cardboard box full of tinsel and fairy lights because he’s a helpful and lovely guy
He’s HUMAN and he needs our HELP and just PLEASE PLEASE FUCKING REBLOG THIS??? He’s been missing for four days now- when he went missing he would have been wearing his contact lenses and he won’t have had his (very thick) glasses with him so by now he’ll have had to take his contacts out and throw them away and he won’t be able to see well and oh God just please signal boost this
make him coupons for a free sensual massage that expire the day before you give them to him
It’s been way to long since I’ve had a good, invested, eating out session. I want to be eaten out like I’m the best thing he’s ever tasted, moaning loud, grabbing the sheets, grinding against his tongue….
do you ever just have that one person you have a tiny subtle little crush on and it’s just never going to go away
FERGIE (THE GREAT GATSBY)
I ain’t got time for you baby
Either you’re mine, or you’re not
Make up your mind sweet baby
Right here, right now’s all we got
A little party never killed nobody
So we gon’ dance until we drop !
By the way,
I watched The Great Gatsby!
It was amazing.
That is all.
the sexual tension when u and ur crush are online on fb at the same time and u just stare at their lil green dot
and suddenly you know what gatsby felt like
This is actually the most profound and appropriate literary allusion I’ve encountered so far this week.